Ekolite has developed and protected several material innovations, which are based on various low cost raw materials. Our special technology of mechanical and chemical activation has been tested with numerous fibers and fillers and their combinations:
- biomass based materials such as virgin pulp, mechanical pulp, recycled paper and board, torrefied wood fibers, agro fibers such as flax and straw, etc.
- industrial waste based materials such as forest residues, bark, ash, sludge, etc.
- minerals and inorganic materials
Our target is to develop products from local raw materials to world-wide customers. Ekolite will commercialize products e.g. in the following technology platforms:
Natural Fiber Composites which can be used for thermal, acoustic or fire proof insulating materials and integrated lightweight elements to the interior designs, buildings, ships and infrastructures such as noise fences.
Geopolymers from modified biofuel ash, which can be used for infrastructures instead of dumping it to the wasteyards or as a land-fill.
Hybrid materials for functional products, which can be used for textiles, absorbing materials, filters, constructions, liquid biofuels, etc.
Advanced composite materials provide competitive edge for the customers:
- Excellent combination of lightness, strength and rigidity brings savings for end product suppliers and users
- Cost competitiveness, because of easily available and low cost raw materials and high volume production
- Versatility of properties and certain special characteristics, ability to integrate with other materials, flexibility to various shapes enable innovative hybrid structures such as compound and sandwich elements provide value add to the products
- Sustainability through renewable natural fibers, reusable industrial wastes, lean and resource efficient production and recyclable Green Products with small carbon and water footprint.
- Technology can be fit to local raw materials and several manufacturing methods, which enables utilization of solutions globally.